- Weather or not our target audience uses the site/ institution we wand to distribute our piece.
- If the institution is known (even if it is not a popular site; it might still work to our advantage)
In class we looked at a range of different media institutions and what some of their benefits were, we also discussed why it is important to chose the right one. Below are some of the ones that we discussed along with the advantages/ benefits of using them.
Vimeo - Is a video-sharing website on which users can upload, share, and view videos.
- Different from YouTube seen as it specialises in movies and short independent movies
- Videos there attract a more niche audience (which gives us a wide range)
BBC Film network - Provides realistic showcase opportunities for young film makers
- Gets the product to the market
YouTube - Very popular site
- Reaches a wider audience
- Able to receive user comments and ratings (Gives you an idea of how popular/ -successful your piece is